We held our meeting at the Quaker Steak across from campus. For those who want to plan ahead, our next (and last) meeting of the year will be Wednesday, May 30, at 7pm. We’ll plan to meet again at Quaker Steak unless someone has a better idea.
The following members were in attendance: Elizabeth McGregor, Triet Truong, James Greening, Sam Naik, and Lisa Douglas. Briefly, here’s what we talked about. If you have questions, please contact the appropriate person via email in OrgSync.
-First of all, results from our recent election were announced. James Greening was elected president and Lindsey Hofmeyer was elected treasurer. CONGRATULATIONS!
Triet – Plans to work a Grants section as well as an Alumni section here on our website. He will contact Debra Wilburn in Career Services about holding a round table in the fall.
Sam – Mentioned the “Push Girls” social event and will write up something to send out to everyone if they are interested in going. Mentioned we want to find a way to keep connections with our alumni members (see Triet’s plan for the website).
Elizabeth – Is handling the details of Dr. Bowling’s Roundtable on May 8. She is also working on creating a list of grad program contacts for every department. We will start using Asana.com as a collaborate task manager. Elizabeth will set up the group account and correspond with members.
James – Updated us on the grant program — application reviews should be completed by next week. He will get the paint for tunnel painting scheduled from 1-5p on Sunday, May 13.
Lisa – Discussed holding a “pizza” lunch for all grad program admins. We want to engage them in our mission and have them help us communicate with new grad students over the summer. We’ll ask the Graduate School to help us pay for this. Reviewed responses from survey asking what orientation info is needed. Major topics of interest are a pamphlet with info, a Q&A panel, info about WINGS, grant program info, having a student org. We will be working to incorporate these info at the welcome reception.
Other projects/information discussed:
-House of representatives meeting (2 meetings left this year). James will attend and we’ll look for an alternate.
-Welcome/Orientation event: we’ll be using Asana.com to coordinate the tasks for this event
-Potential roundtable event with Toastmasters – Lisa will contact someone from the Dayton chapter about holding an event in the fall.
Hope to see you next month. If you can’t make the meeting but want to be more involved in upcoming events, please contact Elizabeth McGree about getting onto Asana.