Over this past year, GSA has grown significantly in both membership and presence, and GSA could not have done that without the help of all of you! As the semester comes to a close, there are several important items to address, so quickly look through the following items to be updated on the current status of GSA!
1) Congratulations to the April GSA Member of the Month: Ahmed Obeidat! Ahmed has worked diligently for GSA and has been the chair for the Research Day event coming up on May 24th (more info coming soon on this!). Congrats to you, Ahmed, for all of your hard work.
2) Tomorrow (Thursday, March 28th) is the GSA Dinner at Cedar Land Restaurant beginning at 6:30pm. If interested, let Alexandrina Gomes know!
3) Next Monday, April 1st, is the GSA Job Search and CV Brown Bag featuring the awesome Dr. Melissa Gruys. The event is from 11:30 to 1pm in Rike Hall, Room 020. You don’t want to miss this! RSVP is required and space is limited, so email Crystal Whetstone (firstname.lastname@example.org) right now to reserve your spot!
4) I would like to sincerely congratulate the newly elected GSA officers for the 2013-2014 academic year. They are:
President – Alexandrina Gomes
Vice-President – Arathi Paluri
Treasurer – Moner Ragas
Grant Chair – Michael Tyler II
GSA will be in great hands next year, and I just know GSA will continue to grow in all areas and be more successful than ever before! I sincerely thank these excellent members and all of those willing to serve and run for officer positions! GSA is as great as it is thanks to all of you!
5) The last GSA meeting will be April 16th starting at 6pm in the Student Union Cambiar Room (153). There will be grant presentations (which are always very interesting), a brainstorming session, and an officer transition meeting. All OFFICERS are required to be at this meeting, and if you cannot attend, please let James know. I would like to have a record number of members at this meeting, so please plan on joining us to say goodbye to this academic year and to bring in the new one with big smiles and ideas!
Thanks for your time, and I look forward to seeing all of you at these events very soon!
Your President for one more month!